vegan worthy bowl take on Tate's founder Kathleen King's spice cake - YUM!
- prep: 40 min
- bake: 25 min
- yields: 12 servings
Ingredients:DRY CAKE INGREDIENTS
- 1 & 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or plant based milk of choice)
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2/3 cup worthy vanilla orange bowl
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 9 TBS aquafaba (in place of 3 eggs) or your preferred egg replacement
- 3/4 cup vegan cream cheese (we used Tofutti)
- 2-3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans (optional)
preheat oven to 350 degrees.
mix dry cake ingredients first.
mix wet cake ingredients separately.
combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients until smooth.
pour batter equally into two prepped pans. (sprayed with a round of parchment at the bottom.
bake for 25 minutes or until springy to the touch.
for the glaze combine all ingredients. pour over cooled cake and sprinkle pecans on top.